FoodSaver, a renowned brand in kitchen appliances, offers a solution that not only ensures the longevity of your food but also simplifies the process of meal preparation. The FoodSaver Vacuum Sealer, represented by the FM2000-FFP model, is a versatile kitchen companion that offers a wide range of benefits. In this article, we’ll explore the features, benefits, and drawbacks of the FoodSaver Vacuum Sealer to help you make an informed decision about this kitchen gadget.
Lock In Freshness: The FoodSaver FM2000 Vacuum Sealing System
At its core, the FoodSaver FM2000 Vacuum Sealing System is designed to lock in freshness by removing air, a primary cause of food spoilage, from vacuum-sealed bags. Here’s a closer look at its key features:
Vacuum Sealing Removes Air: The FoodSaver system excels at removing air, which is a leading cause of issues like freezer burn, mold, and spoilage in stored food. By creating an airtight seal, this device ensures that your food remains fresh for extended periods.
Efficiency in Material Usage: An impressive aspect of the FM2000-FFP is its utilization of 40% less bag material compared to previous FoodSaver models. This not only saves on costs but also contributes to a more eco-friendly kitchen.
Accessory Hose for Added Functionality: The included accessory hose allows you to vacuum seal Fresh Containers and marinate food quickly. This added versatility makes the FoodSaver an excellent choice for home chefs.
Ease of Use: Three Simple Steps
One of the remarkable features of the FoodSaver FM2000-FFP is its user-friendly design. The process of vacuum sealing is as easy as 1, 2, 3:
- Fill the Bag: Place your food items inside the vacuum-seal bag and ensure that the open end is ready for sealing.
- Close and Lock the Lid: Secure the device by closing and locking the lid in place.
- Press Vacuum and Seal Button: Once everything is set, press the vacuum and seal button to initiate the sealing process. The FoodSaver FM2000 takes care of the rest, removing air, creating a secure seal, and stopping automatically when the job is done.
Top Three Ways to Get the Most Out of Your FoodSaver Vacuum Sealer
The FoodSaver FM2000-FFP is a versatile appliance that can enhance your kitchen experience in various ways. Here are the top three methods to maximize the utility of this vacuum sealer:
1. Preserving Bulk Foods: For those who prefer to buy groceries in bulk, the FoodSaver is a game-changer. It allows you to safely seal and freeze meats, cheeses, vegetables, soups, and sauces. Moreover, it’s worth noting that all FoodSaver bags and rolls are safe for sous vide cooking, making meal preparation even more convenient.
2. Jar Sealing: Garden enthusiasts and those who love preserving fruits and vegetables will appreciate the jar sealing capability. By using FoodSaver Jar Sealers (sold separately), you can keep your garden’s harvest fresh for salads, soups, sauces, and more.
3. Prep Ahead for Meals: The FoodSaver system is perfect for meal prepping. Whether you’re preparing meals for yourself or the whole family, it streamlines the process. Additionally, it’s great for sealing ingredients for ultra-fresh smoothies, such as bananas, mangoes, or blueberries.
A Model Comparison: FM2000-FFP vs. Other FoodSaver Models
To help you make an informed choice, here’s a quick comparison of the FM2000-FFP with other FoodSaver models:
FM2000 vs. FM2435 vs. FM3920 vs. FM5200
- Meets UL or ETL Safety Standards: All four models meet these safety standards, ensuring that you can use them with confidence.
- Designed to Prevent Burns: The FM2000-FFP, FM2435, FM3920, and FM5200 are all designed to prevent burns, prioritizing user safety.
- Patented Removable Drip Tray: Each model features a patented removable drip tray to collect excess liquid and debris resulting from vacuum sealing, keeping your kitchen clean and organized.
- Cool Down Time Between Seals: All models require a 20-second cool-down period between sealing, which is a standard feature.
- Seals with Less Bag Waste: The FM2000-FFP, FM2435, FM3920, and FM5200 excel in minimizing bag waste, an environmentally friendly aspect that sets them apart.
- Dry/Moist Mode: The FM2435, FM3920, and FM5200 offer the flexibility of dry and moist mode, adapting to the type of food being sealed.
- Built-in Roll Storage and Cutter Bar: FM2435, FM3920, and FM5200 are equipped with built-in roll storage and a cutter bar for added convenience.
- Built-in Handheld Sealer: FM2435 and FM5200 come with a built-in handheld sealer, expanding their functionality.
- Quick Marinate Mode: FM2435 and FM5200 offer a quick marinate mode, enabling faster flavor infusion.
- Pack Ins: The pack-ins for each model may vary slightly, including vacuum seal rolls, vacuum seal bags, handheld sealers, and accessory hoses.
Before making your decision, let’s take a closer look at the specifications of the FM2000-FFP model:
- Brand: FOODSAVER
- Material: Plastic
- Color: Black
- Item Weight: 5.3 Pounds
- Power Source: Corded Electric
- Operation Mode: Automatic
- Wattage: 110 Watts
- Product Dimensions: 16.3″L x 9.2″W x 4″H
- Manufacturer: Jarden Consumer Solutions
- ASIN: B01D5TMBE0
- Country of Origin: China
- Item Model Number: FM2000-FFP
Pros of the FoodSaver FM2000-FFP Vacuum Sealer
- Extended Food Freshness: The vacuum sealing technology ensures that your food remains fresh for extended periods, reducing waste and saving you money.
- Cost-Efficient: The system utilizes 40% less bag material than previous models, reducing operating costs.
- Versatile Use: The accessory hose adds functionality, allowing you to vacuum seal Fresh Containers and marinate food in minutes.
- User-Friendly: With just three simple steps, the FoodSaver FM2000-FFP is incredibly easy to use, making meal preparation a breeze.
- Multiple Use Cases: Beyond food storage, this vacuum sealer can be used for preserving liquids, protecting important documents from mildew or water damage, creating reusable ice packs, and more.
- Easy to Clean: The patented removable drip tray collects excess liquid and debris, making cleaning a simple task. It’s also dishwasher safe.
- Energy-Efficient: Operating at 110 watts, the FM2000-FFP is energy-efficient, helping you save on electricity costs.
Cons of the FoodSaver FM2000-FFP Vacuum Sealer
- Accessory Hose Sold Separately: While the accessory hose adds versatility, it’s not included with the FM2000-FFP and needs to be purchased separately.
- Limited Dry/Moist Mode: Unlike some higher-end models, the FM2000-FFP doesn’t offer a dry/moist mode selection, which can be useful for sealing different types of food.
- Basic Design: While user-friendly, some users may prefer models with additional features, such as built-in handheld sealers and quick marinate modes.
In summary, if you want to extend the shelf life of your food, reduce your grocery bills, and simplify your meal preparation, the FoodSaver FM2000-FFP Vacuum Sealer is a top choice. Its efficiency, durability, and ease of use make it a must-have for anyone who takes their kitchen seriously.