Welcome to our review of the top 9 Skullcandy headphones of 2019. Skullcandy is a brand that stood out during the past years due to their fashionable Bluetooth headphones. They have unique names for each of the headphone models. Skullcandy headphones range from on ears headphones to noise cancelling headphones to gaming sets, making this a big headphones brand on the market.
From their range of headphones, here are the popular ones:
- Crusher, the bass-oriented over-ear collection that concentrates in providing the most exquisite bass level. In addition, it features a wireless variation.
- Hesh, a hybrid on ear or over ear that is both stylish and compact. It also comes with wireless variation.
- Grind, one of the top Skullcandy products that are on-ear and designed with qualitative materials and wireless functions.
- Ink’d, a selection of headphones for active people, being an around the neck, in-ear headphones, perfect for sports or casual listening.
Top of our list of the best Skullcandy Bluetooth headphones is Skullcandy Crusher wireless over the ear Bluetooth headphones. Let’s start.
Best Overall Bluetooth Wireless Noise Cancelling Headphone
The Skullcandy Crusher Wireless headphones come with a specially-designed bass resonance chamber, that improves the sound experience when compared with other models. Its redesign and wireless connectivity feature make the Skullcandy Crusher Bluetooth headphones the perfect choice for those that look for both impressive battery life and appearance.
The main thing that stands out with these Skullcandy crusher is that they actually look exceptionally well. And there is more: besides being good-looking, these Skullcandy wireless headphones are well-built and available in matte black or gray/tan combo.
The battery that powers the Bluetooth function is also used for Crushers one of a kind haptic bass chamber. Some say this setting can diminish the charge faster, yet it is rather hard to know for sure.
The Skullcandy wireless headphones come with plastic-made buttons with accurate tactile response. Anyhow, the bass slider on the left ear cup is a bit stiff to handle, not quite the user-friendly slider you might expect. Inside you can find a pair of drivers meant to manage low end haptic feedback and the amount of bass you want.
These Skullcandy crusher Bluetooth headphones come with a couple of accessories in the box like a carry bag, micro USB charging cord or a 3.5 mm auxiliary cable, which is quite good, when compared with other brands on the market. And even though a hard case might be preferred for storing headphones, the soft carry bag featured for this Bluetooth Skullcandy headphones is more than perfect for protection.
- You can customize bass settings
- If you disable haptic bass, the Skullcandy Crusher can last up to 40 hours
- Fold-up model for easy storage
- The Skullcandy Bluetooth headphones have an appealing design and they are comfortable to wear
- If you are a mega-bass fan, this pair of Bluetooth headphones will satisfy your preferences due to the manner in which they are constructed, as it resonates at a certain frequency increasing bass sounds.
- Skullcandy Crusher features a basic range of 10 meters or 33 feet
- They come with plush ear pads that can block outside noise
- Skullcandy crusher headphones come with almost no video lag, making these headphones perfect for those that watch videos constantly
- It takes only 10 minutes on the charger in order to be able to listen continuously for up to 3 hours
- It is possible for the rubber headband to pull your hair
- Their clamping force is a bit high, making it a bit tricky to wear for those that have bigger ears or simply do not enjoy firm headphones
- Even though they focus on the bass feature, it doesn’t appear high quality
- The haptic bass chamber might sound impressive, but it may to give you headaches as well
The Skullcandy Hesh 2 wireless headphone is part of the affordable-but-no-cheap category of Bluetooth over the ear headphones. This pair of over the ear Skullcandy Hesh 2 headphones promise a qualitative sound experience, while it comes with a fancy design and a removable cable that permits using the headphones, without using the battery. It comes with good clarity of rich-low end sounds, but the highs might not sound so professional for audiophiles or bass addicts seeking an impressive boosted sound.
This Skullcandy headphone with mic is designed with a three-button remote strategically placed on the right ear cup that also hosts a microphone. Although, it offers good sound quality considering its price, being well balanced and offering bass in a decent amount. The Skullcandy Hesh 2 wireless headphone is considered to be rather soft, yet it does not provide a dull sound when used.
This model comes with a 15-hour battery life, but this is closely linked on how loudly you listen to your music or how much do you use the wireless feature compared to wired usage. Also, on the left cup the micro USB charging port is next to a 3.5 mm jack allowing you to use Hesh 2 Wireless as wired headphones.
- Skullcandy Hesh 2 improves poor quality tracks
- If you ran out of battery, it is easy to use the Skullcandy Hesh 2 as normal wired headphone
- Good quality headphones for the price
- Easy and comfortable to wear for a longer period of time
- The well-padded ear cups are almost unnoticeable because they do not feel too tight once on your head
- The bass is balanced, offering a sound that is not extremely boosted
- It is rather hard to use the micro-USB port due to its location, as you will have to pull the headband to reach it
- Padding is not added to the headband’s design
- Distinct settings are reachable via the same button, which is rather confusing
- Un-foldable version, which occupies a lot of space when stored
The Skullcandy Uproar Wireless Headphones represent a rather straightforward on-ear Bluetooth headphones, that feature a significant bass response. Hence, if you are seeking a good bass-boosted sound with acceptable highs, the Uproar Wireless offers such experience, as there are few qualitative over the ear wireless headphones with this price.
Skullcandy Uproar Wireless headphones are comfortable for day-to-day use and incredibly cost-effective. The Bluetooth setting allows you to use your personal playlist everywhere with a battery lifespan of up to 10 hours of non-stop play. The built-in microphone permits taking calls, along with managing your device via the ear cup.
The controls design for the Skullcandy headphones is rather simplistic, coming with the usual plus/minus buttons that control volume levels and track navigation, while a central multifunction control button is meant for playback, call management and power/pairing.
- One-year warranty provided by the manufacturer
- Available in four color combinations: black, orange/navy, red/gray, white/gray
- User-friendly design coming with the usual plus/minus buttons that control volume levels and track navigation, while a central multifunction control is meant for playback, call management and power/pairing
- Very easy to charge via USB, you can benefit for up to 10 hours of usage with a single complete charge
- Decent audio quality
- Due to the fact that a button comes with multiple functionality, you might end up powering down the headset, if you hold the play button too long, or you can end up skipping track when attempting to adjust the volume
- The package includes only the Uproar wireless headphones and the charging cable. Any other kind of accessories are not included
- The headband cannot be adjusted
- Un-foldable, not so portable
Each and every Skullcandy headphone takes its customers by surprise. This Skullcandy Hesh 2 Wired over-ear headphones are an improved version of the skater-like stylings of previous models with bettered sound signature, which is now crisp and correctly balanced. In addition, the sound is delivered distortion-free with a focus on mid-range and high frequency clarity.
The Skullcandy Hesh 2 is available in two forms: with an inline remote and microphone or without those. The design cannot be described in words, as it resembles this brand’s exquisite looks and it is available in distinct settings. Anyhow, the entire appearance is quite similar with other Skullcandy products, featuring a simple padded headband with a pair of circular ear cups, slightly protruding outwards.
- Diverse styling options to choose, along with paint jobs that impact slightly for the overall price of the headset
- Lightweight and easy to wear for extended periods of time
- Removable cable; buying a new cable is recommended when it breaks, as it is more affordable than opting for a new set of Skullcandy headphones
- Tracks are not distorted due to deep bass, even at high volumes
- Memory foam ear pads
- Compatible with both Android an iOS devices, that allows you to benefit from all its functions, including making or taking calls.
- The headband is adjustable due to its flexibility
- The ear cups are slightly small, they tend to not fit an entire ear inside them
- Call quality isn’t what you’d call amazing, but it is somewhat acceptable
- A single button to access a multitude of functions can be tricky to manage
The Skullcandy Crusher wired headphones with mic are considered to be quite distinct from other wireless headphones sold by this brand. They come with a separate subwoofer in each ear named Sensation55 and a built in Amplifier which is powered by an AA battery. Mainly, this will conquer your brain with low-end power! The Skullcandy Crusher features a detachable 3.5 mm jack cable with an universal remote with a single button.
This pair of Skullcandy headphones comes with a quick user guide, the headphones, an included cable with remote and Mic, carrying case and an AA battery.
Its design is rather dull, being made from plastic and it can offer a flair of cheapness, yet the silver skulls on the ear cups provide an intriguing look, which compensate the lack of quality of the materials used. The top of the headband is designed with a matter, white plastic and the brand’s name written in white lettering.
- These Skullcandy headphones can be bought in black, white and red. But for an extra $10 you can request a custom design
- The bass is impressive, just as it is advertised
- The pads are comfortable and soft
- The headband is adjustable, making it easy to wear for almost any head size
- It can be folded, as it is a compact model that can suit easily in its cloth bag
- We were very much surprised to see that the Skullcandy crusher is extremely durable, the band can be twisted and bent continuously, yet it returns to its initial shape almost instantly
- The headphone features a slider for setting up the bass sensation option
- The AA battery powers the built-in amplifier and bass effects. It is said it can last up to 40 hours
- The built-in Mic and line-in remote function perfectly with Android, IOS or Windows devices
- Call quality is impressive, too, as the Skullcandy Crushers offer a loud and clear sound
- A bit too light (not necessarily a bad thing) and it has a plasticky feel
- Some users observed that the battery lifespan does not reach the promised 40 hours
- Those that seek to add bass to their phone calls will find out that this feature is automatically disabled when answering a call
The Skullcandy Grind on-ear headphones with microphone come with an affordable price that strategically places them in the cheap headphones top. Although, besides being rather cheap, Skullcandy designed this model with the same stylish appearance, good sound quality and a bundle of useful features.
The sound quality is pretty good with powerful bass.
This pair of on-ear headphones are lightweight, well-built and feature a metal headband, making it comfortable for wearing. They come with a large 40mm driver designed with flat ear pads, a detachable cord and they permit its user to easily take calls or control playlists from their smartphones.
The cable is designed with a colorful braided fabric, which can interfere with the quality of the sound as it leads to cable noise due to the fact that it easily brushes on clothing. For regular headphone users, this might not be troublesome.
The Grind on-ear headphones are available in a variety of colors and their cables differ depending on the personal color scheme of the headphones.
- The microphone and the remote are not built-in the removable cord, but instead those are integrated into the left earcup, which resembles pretty much the design of a wireless Bluetooth headphone
- Outstanding balanced sound, as it is stable even when high volumes are used
- Lightweight and comfortable
- Detachable 3.5mm cord included
- Due to the fact that the light frame is completed by soft ear pads, these on-ear headphones are perfect for commuting or wearing them around your neck
- Distinct color schemes that suit each and every ones taste
- The headband can suit diverse head sizes, as it is made from flexible and durable materials
- This on-ear headphones keep their position and fit during regular listening sessions
- The cable is designed with a colorful braided fabric, which can interfere with the quality of the sound as it may lead to cable noise
- Being an on-ear headphone, ambient noise is not sealed properly as it is the case with over-ear headphones
- Un-foldable, carrying case not included
- The buttons might seem a bit difficult to manage at first but you won’t take long to get used to
- Not suitable for sports or any other type of high intensity activity, as these headphones tend to slip off during running or working out
The Skullcandy Venue Active Noise Canceling Headphones are decent wireless over ear headphones. The V-shaped signature stands for the great sound experience offered, being perfect for bass-heavy music, yet it can turn out to be not so great for vocal-centric music. This pair of wireless over ear headphones are rather comfortable for wearing for extended period of time and they feature suitable battery life. In addition, they are noise cancelling headphones, isolating external sounds.
The core feature of Skullcandy’s Venue noise canceling headphone is, of course, the noise-cancelling option, that blocks almost any kind of ambient noise no matter if you are listening to music or not.
Other characteristics of these headphones are the tile integration that allows the user to find it easily and the rapid-charge feature. The all-black design resembles the models from Bose headphone or Sony headphones.
The said built-in tile feature of Skullcandy Venue aids in finding the set if lost. This is a very welcoming feature indeed.
You can answer phone calls with a click of a button. There’s an active voice assistant which you can activate by pressing a dedicated button. The headphones are compatible with IOS, Android and any other Bluetooth enabled device.
- Comfy ear pads
- Compatible with Tile’s app, can be easily found if missing
- An integrated quick access button for activating the virtual assistant of your smartphone
- Impressive battery lifespan and wireless range
- Noise cancelling headphones
- User-friendly design
- Lightweight, they come with an included hard case for protection
- Audio cord included, which is helpful for wired usage when the battery is not charged
- The Skullcandy Venue Active Noise Canceling Headphones aren’t audiophile-grade headphones
- The audio can bleed through at high volumes, and can be heard by those around you
- Not a travel-friendly version as the headphones aren’t collapsible, yet the cups can be turned so you can lay the headphone flat
- No app for EQ customization
- The microphone offers poor sound quality, not so great for making calls
Skullcandy gained popularity due to their stylish music gear and, as you might guess, because of the Skullcandy Lowrider range. These headphones feature chrome earcups, with black inside ring and again a chrome circle with the famous black Skullcandy logo. The padding is black and designed with sturdy and comfortable cushion.
The quality of the sound is acceptable, considering the price. Also, the microphone is great, clear calls can be made by it. In addition, you can opt for using this pair of headphones with a karaoke app. Even though it is a wired headphone, the detachable cable is easy to remove and replace if it breaks.
The Skullcandy Lowrider headphone is shipped in their typical clear packaging to permit the user to observe what they are purchasing. These wired headphones with mic join the trend of the commuter and wannabe DJ that seeks a can-style headset.
Anyhow, the box features only the headset, no extra accessories are included, like a carrying case or a 6.3 mm audio jack adapter. But for the price it has, it is understandable no accessories are included.
The Skullcandy Lowrider wired headphones design is appealing, being rather cool and comfortable and offering great sound quality for laptops, too. They are easy to carry around as they do not require a lot of space to be stored.
- Comfortable, not so tight, being perfect for long listening sessions
- Light-weight design, foldable into a small object, allowing users to carry the headphones while commuting or traveling
- They feature a 5 mm jack that can be used with any type of MP3 player or iPod
- Portable headphones with DJ setting
- Adjustable to suit your head perfectly
- Little to no distortion, meaning qualitative sound experience even at maximum volume
- Cord that does not get tangled easily, with proper length for easy usage
- Cheap plastic used for their design, headphones might have a dull or flimsy appearance
- Being portable, it would have been helpful to have an included carry bag
- Poor noise cancelling feature
- Average sound quality
- These headphones do not cover the entire ear, which might impact the sound quality
The Skullcandy Riff Bluetooth wireless on ear headphones come with great audio quality, good battery life and are considered to be rather comfortable on the ears. These on ear Bluetooth headphones provide good price-quality ratio and can offer anything you might expect from a basic on-ear headphones set.
A great feature of this wireless headphones is that they come with rapid charging capability.
These Skullcandy Bluetooth wireless on ear headphones are designed with a 40 mm dynamic driver in each ear cup, offering a frequency of 20 Hz to 20 kHz with a 32 Ohm impedance. Its user-friendly design with a basic three-button setup permits easy access to volume and play/pause/power, and track skipping with a 3-second press.
The Riff Wireless headphones represent an on-ear or supra-aural set of headphones, signifying that the ear cups sit on the ears and do not cover them entirely like you see in traditional over-ear headphones. They are designed almost entirely from plastic materials, including both the headband and the hinges of the ear cups.
- Adjustable with ease, allowing you to fit the headband on almost any head size
- No cutouts or random Bluetooth disconnection
- Super soft and comfortable ear cushions
- Great audio quality
- Fast charging, 10 minutes will provide up to 2 hours of listening
- The Skullcandy Riff Wireless can be bought in distinct colors: black, white, blue, grey
- No wired feature available
- Micro-USB recharging
- Bad noise cancellation
- Headband does not feature cushioning
- Extremely light, good for comfort, yet not for durability
- No carrying bag included
- Mediocre dialogue reproduction in videos
These are the top Skullcandy wireless Bluetooth headphones available on Amazon in 2019. We tried to make the list as short as possible with only the best of the best Skullcandy headphones based on user reviews and experience.
We hope our best Skullcandy headphones review will help you find the best Skullcandy wireless headphones. Let us know what you think by commenting below.