Best Bose Headphones Review 2020
Whether you are craving to listen to your favorite music, need some motivational track while pumping iron in the gym, or need to dedicate some quiet and peaceful time to yourself, your odds of finding a suitable pair of headphones from the line of Bose headphones, are quite high.
The latest headphone models from Bose come equipped with rechargeable batteries, wireless connectivity and voice-enabled smart functions. With a wide range of audio products, the only question is, what are the best Bose headphones that you need?
In this article we’re going to talk about only the best Bose headphones.
In case you want noise cancelling headphones with cutting edge technology and advanced features then Bose QuietComfort 35 Bluetooth headphones are the best choice for you. Using Bose Connect App, these headphones can be programmed to select three different noise cancellation levels and also to control the headphones wirelessly.
The over ear headphone design cuts down over 40% of ambient noise. When you turn on the noise cancellation technology, you’re going to love the silence.
The sound is crystal clear with full of clarity and pretty balanced. QC35 II will satisfy audiophiles for sure.
The product package contains quiet comfort 35 II, protective case, charging cable, and audio cable for listening to the music directly without battery power.
The USB charging cable is 12 inches in length while the audio cable has a total length of 47.2 inches. Currently, the Bose AR enabled apps are only available for iPhone and iPad platforms whereas the Android apps are in the development phase.
If you are a frequent traveler and want to enjoy calm and noise-free journeys then these noise cancelling headphones are a valuable asset in your audio arsenal.
- Bose headsets provide 20 hours long battery life
- Dedicated button for Google Assistant
- Noise cancellation levels can be customized
- The headphones come with wireless connectivity
- Noise cancellations levels can be selected as Low, High and Off from the Bose Connect App
- Very clear audio quality during calls due to the noise cancelling dual-microphone system
- Availability of state-of-the-art Bose Augmented Reality
- Soft and comfortable ear-cups
- Padded headband for user comfort and convenience
- Costs a bit high
- Bose AR enabled apps are available only for iPhone and iPad platforms for the time being
The greatest thing about the QuietComfort 35 headphones (QC35) is the way in which Bose managed to produce a wireless headphone design with negligible tradeoffs. Interacting with your smart assistants primarily through your smart phone and QC 35 makes it awesome.
The legacy QuietComfort 35 model is definitely amongst the best noise cancelling headphones available in the market
The QC over the ear Bose headphones come in two colors: black and silver. Both ear cups bear the elegant looking Bose logo, which despite of being slightly raised, doesn’t draw unnecessary attention.
The over the ear headphone design of QC35 ensures that the ear-cups envelop the ears entirely instead of resting on your ears. This circum-oral over the ear headphone design inherently provides some degree of passive noise cancellation against the ambient noises.
However, complete silence can only be experienced once the active noise cancellation is turned on.
These headphones sound crystal clear and crisp thanks to the high-quality Bose speakers. No distortion observed.
The media control buttons present on the periphery of the right ear-cup can be used for volume control, track skipping, play/pause track, and attend/reject incoming phone calls using these Bose wireless headphones.
The downward facing power switch is used for activating the Bluetooth connectivity mode. In addition to the Bluetooth, the Bose QC35 also support NFC protocol if the media device supports it.
The Bose QuietComfort 35 headphones can also serve as a headset for making phone calls using the built-in microphone. The headset provides superior audio quality due to the incorporation of noise cancelling technology in the microphone.
- The switching between multiple connections in case of an incoming phone call is very efficient in these Bose on ear headphones.
- The well-padded headband ensures utmost user comfort and convenience.
- An audio notification is played on the power-up, notifying the user regarding the status of remaining battery life.
- The over ear ear-cups can be made to swivel around their axis for convenient packaging and storing.
- The ear-cups can slide over a rail and can also rotate within the hinge. Hence, they can be configured very easily to adjust to the user’s head.
- QC35’s are very effective at filtering out the constant low frequency noises such as hum or vibration of a vehicle or a train.
They don’t support the new AptX Bluetooth protocol. However, the wireless connectivity doesn’t affect the audio quality in any perceivable way.
- These headphones continue to use the older 2.5mm audio jack.
- Absence of inline remote control or microphone on the audio cable.
If you have ever used the Bose headphones, you should be able to immediately recognize the distinct feel and character which is the hallmark of these over ear headphones.
One of the key features of these headphones is that they are being “engineered” by Bose using “impact resistant materials”. However, it is quite difficult to test the durability of these headphones without proper testing which is destructive in nature.
The package contains a soft protective casing, a 2.5mm to 3.5mm audio conversion cable and a compact USB charging cable. These particular Bose wireless headphones boast an impressive playback time of 15 hours and our personal experience with them confirms the claim. The standard charging time is around three hours depending on the charger.
The remote controls are housed on the right ear-cup. The middle control button is used for answering calls as well as skipping the music tracks forward/backward.
These Bose SoundLink headphones are armed with a two-way microphone system as well as Bose’s Adaptive Audio Adjustment technology. By virtue of this AAA technology, the volume is automatically adjusted according to the ambient noise levels or surrounding speech noise.
- Light and comfortable even for extended use
- Unlike older models, no external dongle or plug-in required for Bluetooth
- Available in two color schemes: tan highlights on white, and blue highlights in black.
- Easy and intuitive pairing/re-pairing
- Simultaneous pairing with two devices
- While being paired with 2 devices, the headphones can be switched from one headphone to another
- Adaptive audio adjustment feature ensures good sound quality if a call comes in
- Two hours of battery life with 15 minutes of charging
- Ear-pads with memory foam for ultimate comfort and adaptability
- The ear-cups swivel around the axis to achieve a flat form-factor which makes them portable and travel-friendly
- Start to get a little warm on the ears with extended use which is common with this type of headphone design
- Absence of active noise cancellation technology
The Bose SoundLink On-Ear Wireless headphones have a plastic construction. These On-Ear Wireless headphones come with nice features like Active EQ, dual microphone and soft ear-pads which make them a great overall package and one of the best on ear headphones.
The audio quality is up to the mark and wireless connectivity is great as well.
These lightweight headphones live up to the expectations and reputation of Bose. The cushiony and velvet-like texture of the padding provides comfort to the user and makes the headphones very lightweight.
Wearing them for extended period of time does not cause fatigue and discomfort. They are comfortable to wear even with glasses on. In spite of their initial appearance, these headphones are very comfortable and evenly distribute the overall weight across the head and the ears.
This design configuration ensures maximum comfort and minimal pressure.
The right ear-cup hosts the power switch, volume control buttons and the multifunction button. The power switch turns the headphones on/off, the volume control buttons increase/decrease the volume levels, and the multifunction button is used for playback control, track navigation and call management.
Different types of functions are being performed by a series of taps on the multifunction button. The microphone and the micro USB charging slot are present on the outer periphery of the right ear-cup.
The 3.5mm audio jack slot is present on the left ear-cup. This audio jack is used for direct wired connection for listening in the passive mode.
- The Bose headphones can be folded to achieve a very compact and travel-friendly form factor
- The headphones automatically go into the sleep mode after a specific time
- Dual microphone system
- The headphone adjusts volume levels automatically using Audio Adjustment technology based on speech level and ambient noise
- Comes with a limited 1-year warranty
- The mass of the headphone is evenly distributed on the head and the ears by the headband
- The Bose on ear Wireless headphones enable the virtual assistant control
- Long playback time of 16 hours with 50 percent volume
- Visual indication of battery status in the form of green, amber or red LED blinking
- These headphones are not designed with runners in mind. However, they can certainly be used in the gym.
- It would be nice to have a USB-C port instead of micro-USB for better and faster charging process
The Bose QuietComfort 20 headphone employs TriPort technology and an Active EQ in order to provide extraordinary noise cancellation performance. However, this is not the only amazing feature that these headphones possess.
Bose has also introduced “Aware Mode” in QuietComfort 20 headphones. The inline remote control, in addition to the volume control buttons, also features a gray button which toggles the “Aware Mode” on/off.
In simple words, the “Aware Mode” enables the user to hear important sounds that otherwise might get filtered out by the noise cancellation function. Examples of such sounds include flight announcements, car horns, ambulance sirens, and alarms.
In addition to the battery located at the end of the cable, a remote housing is also present. It contains a single control button as well as another button on the side. That side button enables the user to hear the surrounding sounds when the noise cancellation is switched on.
The single button remote control allows the QuietComfort 20i remote control to work with a wide variety of phones including Android and iPhone devices. Remote controls with three buttons only work properly with iPhones and include volume control buttons which are not included in this particular model.
A pinhole microphone is also built into the remote housing which allows the user to attend phone calls hands-free.
The ear-buds on the QuietComfort 20i headphones are made of silicone rubber. The rugged headphone cable contains a box with remote control and microphone. The relatively smaller ear-buds cannot house all the electronics and amplifiers and therefore, these are placed in a separate box present on the cable.
- The Bose QuietComfort 20i headphones are extremely effective at eliminating low frequency noise such as electric hum and motor noise
- The ear-caps fit perfectly around the ears and the efficient design prevents slippage.
- The intelligent “Aware Mode” enables the user to listen to important sounds and notifications
- Portable and travel friendly. Comes with a zipped carrying case.
- The QC20 packaging includes three different sizes of “Stay Hear” and ear-tips with wings
- The charging and audio cables are quite thick and don’t get entangled
- The active noise cancellation doesn’t shut off automatically and keeps draining the battery
- These headphones cannot filter out the subway noise completely however, they do a fairly decent job
The design of these headphones is quite similar to that of Bose QC15, however the gray plastic color has been replaced with elegant looking silvery-black theme and the curves of the headset are also made far sleeker as compared to other classic models from Bose.
These cosmetic changes make these headphones more attractive and appealing. The headband is padded with a specially engineered fabric used in luxury and sports cars. The soft leather padding on the ear-cups as well as the cast-Zinc hinge give a luxurious feel and regal character to these Bose headsets.
Since each ear-cup has some unique features embedded into it, it is quite easy to distinguish between the left and right ear-cups of the Bose QC25 wireless headphones. The left ear-cup houses an auxiliary port which is used for plugging-in the 3.5mm audio cable with inline controls.
By virtue of these inline controls on the left the song can be played/paused, volume can be increased/decreased, or Siri can be opened. The right ear-cup carries the active noise cancellation switch which when turned on, filters out all ambient noise.
The packaged audio cable includes a three-button remote control which is available for both Android and iPhone devices. The three-button remote control is fully compatible with Android which is a rarity. Usually, only single-button remote controls are fully compatible with Android devices.
- The color scheme of QC25 can be customized for $100 extra
- Noise cancellation feature can be kept active for 35 hours per AAA battery
- Higher quality construction compared to previous models
- The remote contains 3 button and compatible with IOS and Android thanks to the compatible cable
- In case the battery runs out, music can be played directly in wired mode
- Comfortable and convenient. Ideal for use at the gym
- Great active noise cancellation performance as compared to other headsets
- Great design with a well-balanced combination of durability, weight and comfort
- The Bose headset customization feature comes at a hefty price of $100
- The ear-cups can be folded inwards which makes it portable; however, this can scrape off the metallic finish
- Absence of auto turn-off function
With an athletic and sporty design, the Bose SoundSport in-ear headphones are perfect for athletes, sports enthusiasts, and gym rats. These Bose headphones have a rugged construction and can easily withstand consistent and intense workout sessions.
To fit your ears perfectly, Bose provides three different ear-tip sizes. The ear-buds are designed in such a way that they do not block the ear canal completely and therefore, the user can hear the external sounds to some extent.
However, when tested out in the gym, the SoundSport was able to effectively block the machine sounds as well as music being played externally.
The Bose SoundSport in-ear headphones flaunt an athletic look and a sporty design. The cord has black and blue patterns on it. The inline remote controls and the microphone allow the user to control the volume, skip the tracks, and attend/reject calls without reaching out for the device.
These headphones produce audio with crisp highs and natural sounding lows. Thanks to Bose Active EQ, the audio is constantly balanced at all sound level. The placement of acoustic ports is well-engineered in order to resist the sweat and weather conditions. All in all, the design is geared towards meeting the needs of rough sports routines.
Battery lasts for up to 6 hours on a single charge. It even allows you to pair via NFC.
- For Android and iOS devices, Bose SoundSport in-ear headphones have two different models
- Sweat- and water-resistant
- Athletic and sporty design
- Three different sizes of silicone ear tips for perfect fit
- Very lightweight and durable
- Audio quality during phone calls is great
- Availability of sporty looking case matching the color of the headphones
- Availability of a wide range of color themes to suit your personal taste: charcoal, frost, energy green, neon blue and power red
- Compared to other in-ear phones available in the market, the top volume of these in-ear phones is roughly 10 to 20 percent lower.
- The cables can get tangled
- The quality of the cord is not as good as with other models and requires some care
The audio sounds deeper, clearer and warmer for the Bose SoundTrue headphones II, thanks to the advanced audio technologies developed by Bose. If you want to get fully immersed into the music then these headphones are designed specifically for you.
These headphones are built from durable and rugged materials which ensure longevity. These headphones have a slim and sleek profile which makes them look very good.
The incoming calls can be attended using the microphone and the single button present on the inline remote control. The remote control also provides music control as well as other advanced features for Samsung Galaxy and some other selected Android devices.
The headphone cord is detachable and features an integrated three button remote control and a microphone for making hand-free calls.
These headphones have dedicated versions compatible with iPhone and Android platforms. The call attend/end feature works well with all devices however, remote features such as volume control, only work with compatible devices.
- The headphones provide a well-balanced bass and sound fairly open
- Soft padding on the headband and memory-foam cushions provide comfort over extended use
- Foldable ear-cups and collapsible headband make the design portable and travel friendly
- The detachable audio cord runs into a single ear-cup which provides greater degree of freedom to the user
- An inline remote and microphone capable of providing control over compatible Samsung & Android Devices.
- The inline remote control and microphone provide remote control capabilities with compatible Samsung and Android devices
- Absence of active noise cancellation feature
- The ear-cups can suffocate and warm-up the ears on hot days
These headphones are designed by Bose to produce a clear, rich and well-balanced sound. These SoundTrue Ultra In-Ear Headphones provide a deep immersive listening experience to the user which is a signature of the classic Bose headphones.
The headphones come in two versions. One version is compatible with iPhone devices while the other one is compatible with Android devices.
Due to superior and effective noise cancellation features, you can clearly hear the caller on the other end, even in a noisy environment. The plug on the headphone is a straight plug rather than an L-shaped plug.
These headphones are designed specifically with smart phone users in mind. These headphones are ideal for travelers and commuters due to their superior noise isolation and maximized sound profile.
The ability to make or attend calls on the go, using the inline controls and the microphone, is a gust of fresh breeze for the smart phone users.
- These headphones are available in a variety of colors including two-tone black and dark gray finish
- Well suited for gym-goers and for exercise routines due to negligible temperature rise
- They come with a carrying case and can also be easily fitted into pockets or bags
- The protective case is built from rugged and tough materials and provides protection against minor water and mechanical damages
- Sweat and weather-resistant
- Produces rich, warm and well-balanced audio
- The ear-buds don’t sit firmly into their place and can move around during exercise
- Some amount of heat is trapped within the ear canal however the effects are not very uncomfortable or unbearable